A Review of Wink Ice Cream

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

One hundred calories PER PINT! What could be better?! Well, honestly, pretty much anything. When I heard about this ice cream, I was pretty excited. Halo Top is good, but this was going to be even better… now I can eat the entire pint and feel great about it! So I drove 20 minutes to the only health food store that sold Wink Ice Cream. I am a chocolate person so I opted for the Cocoa Cookie Dough flavored. When my friend and I got home, we opened up the pint. Couldn’t wait!

The ice cream, if you can even call it that, looked like it had been in the bottom of a freezer for a month. On a scale of 0-10 on creaminess, it would get a 0. It was completely icy.

source

I took a bite despite the icy look. It had almost no flavor. I was also unsure where the cookie dough part of the name came from.

source

So overall… don’t waste your time. Enjoy some real, genuine ice cream or go for Halo Top if you’re watching calories!! It is definitely not worth $6. So now you know, Wink “nice” cream doesn’t taste so nice.

Izzy Coffman is a freshmen in the School of Arts and Sciences at Washington University in St. Louis. Her favorite things include food instagrams, anything pale pink, and Facetime. 
Washington University Class of 2019. College of arts and sciences, Psychology major with a minor in Design