A Ranking of all the Christmas Episodes of the Office

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

The Office is truly unique because it’s one of the few shows that everyone loves. What makes it even better is there aren’t any pop culture references that you’ll have to explain to your parents. That’s why watching all of the Christmas episodes of The Office with my family is one of my favorite holiday traditions. Since I’m pretty much an expert by now, I’ve ranked all of them for you. You’re welcome.

6.  TIE “Christmas Wishes” (Season 8, Episode 10) and “Dwight Christmas” (Season 9, Episode 9)

Ok so these two are tied at the bottom simply because Michael isn’t in them. Don’t get me wrong, they are still hilarious. Unrelated, but I high key identify as Dwight’s Belsnickel.

5. “A Moroccan Christmas” (Season 5, Episode 11)

This is an interesting episode because it gives an unconventional twist to the holidays. There’s tons of drama, drinking, and even a fire. Unfortunately, Michael isn’t the main source of any of the drama, which just doesn’t make it as good. However, Kevin in a tiny hat makes up for it.

4. “Classy Christmas” (Season 7, Episodes 11 and 12)

This is the only two part episode, so that’s pretty cool. Similarly to the Moroccan Christmas, this has the unique theme of “classy Christmas.” And who doesn’t love a classy bitch?

3. “A Benihana Christmas” (Season 3, Episode 10)  

If you’re ok with cringe-worthy moments then this episode is for you. You may have to close your eyes due to immense secondhand embarrassment, but it’s worth it.

2. “Secret Santa” (Season 6, Episode 13)

In this episode, Michael becomes a petty bitch and I love it. He gets drunk and yells about everything, capturing the true spirit of the holidays.

1. “Christmas Party,” (Season 2, Episode 10)

This is the first, and in my opinion the best, Christmas episode on The Office ever. There is a ton of drama surrounding The Office secret santa. They reconcile it all with tons of vodka, because that’s what the holidays are about.

By Sophie Taibl

Washington University Class of 2019. College of arts and sciences, Psychology major with a minor in Design