This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Whether you are going back to campus or staying home, classes are in full swing again, and it is important to be prepared for what is to come! With so much uncertainty and stress, it is easy to forget products that we may need for the semester. So, here are some items that you may find useful:

1. Masks

At this point, you are probably thinking that you already have one, but the key is to get more. If you are going back to campus, you will be leaving your apartment or dorm more, so it is key to have a handful. Plus, with the hot weather, masks will have to be washed more frequently.

2. Sunscreen

Speaking of the hot weather, it is super important to wear sunscreen. One of the secrets to the smoothest, healthiest, wrinkle-free skin long term is to put on sunscreen everyday. So why not hydrate and protect your skin at the same time?!

black woman sitting on beach in yellow two piece holding hat
Photo by Graca Assane from Unsplash

3. Blue light glasses

Even if you are coming back to campus, online classes are not going to go away, and on top of that, our Netflix addictions are not leaving either. So, it is important that we protect our eyes from the additional hours staring at our screens. 

4. Portable chargers

While this may not apply to everyone, here at WashU, it is so important to bring portable chargers for your phones and computers. Oftentimes if you are taking a class outside or in a cubby, there are no outlets. Zoom tends to really drain computer batteries so to get through the class, make sure to have a backup battery with you. 

5. Filled Water Bottle

While this may be something you already take with you, make sure it is filled, as some water fountains may be closed on campus!

And there you have it! Hopefully this will help you start your semester on the right foot!

medical supplies
Original Illustration by Gina Escandon for Her Campus Media

Amanda Sherman is a freshman at WashU who is double majoring in Marketing and Drama! She loves a good caesar salad and sparkling water:)
We are WashU's Her Campus site designed for collegiettes here on campus.