This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

It’s midterm season! Instead of filling your breaks/down time with Netflix or Youtube, try a podcast. They can range from funny to informative to entertaining. Here are a few podcasts you should check out. Happy listening!!

1. The Daily

Are you too lazy to read the news? Listen to The Daily, a podcast by the New York Times. Each episode is 20 minutes long — a perfect amount of time for that daily crawl to Steinberg. The Daily will keep you updated on the biggest stories of our time. Available five days a week and ready by 6am.

2. FiveThirtyEight Politics

How much do you know about the state of our nation? Follow Nate Silver and the FiveThirtyEight team cover the latest in politics. FiveThirtyEight specializes in statistics and data analysis, creating an interesting take on the most important issues in American politics.

3. Popcast

The Popcast is hosted by Jon Caramanica, a pop music critic for the New York Times. It covers the latest in popular music criticism, trends, and news.

4. Overdue

Calling all book nerds! Overdue is probably my favorite podcast about “the books you have been meaning to read.” Join Andrew and Craig (who are hilarious) each week as they tackle a new title from their backlog. Classic lit, obscure plays, goofy murder mysteries: they’ll read it all, one overdue book at a time. Updated every Monday (perfect for getting rid of the Monday scaries)!

5. Stuff You Should Know

One of the most popular podcasts, Stuff You Should Know, as the title suggests, is about a vast array of topics that you need to know about. The first episode I listened to was about the walrus (so random, so cool!). Topics range from “The Science of Break-Ups” to “How Schizophrenia Works” to “How Igloos Work.” There is something for everyone!

Morgan Held

Wash U '22

I don't know what I'm doing with my life, but I hope it involves ice cream! Wash U '22
Wash U class of 2021; Majoring in Psychological and Brain Sciences with minors in Art History and Communication Design.