This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

With midterm season still progressing and the weather cooling down there’s nothing better than finding new music to fit your mood or brighten up your day. Here are some of the new songs that have been released lately that will have you jamming on your way to class!

Lights Up – Harry Styles 

I’m no One Directioner so I never thought I would be a Harry Styles fan, but his new song ‘Lights Up’ really is a jam you don’t want to miss.

If You Need Me – Julia Michaels

I’ve always been a big fan of Julia Michaels. Her music is honest and beautiful. This sweet song is definitely something you should listen to. If not for the good tune, at least for the good sentiment the song spreads.

Easy – Camila Cabello 

I discovered this song while watching SNL. Expecting to hear Senorita I was pleasantly surprised to hear Camila Cabello’s new tune that is maybe hopefully about Shawn Mendes (aw).

Don’t Leave – ARIZONA

Honestly, just listen to the whole album.

Breathe – James Arthur

Yet another song that is so good that you should just listen to the whole album. James Arthur’s soulful and deep music brings out the part of me that secretly likes to look out of a window on a rainy day and belt out emotional lyrics.

Good Thing – Zedd and Kehlani 

A bop that makes you feel powerful and independent. We all need songs like this.

Lose You to Love Me – Selena Gomez 

This song is so pretty. You can feel the emotion Selena Gomez sings with and it’s a beautiful song.

Heartless (feat. Morgan Wallen) – Diplo

With a good beat and a country tune throughout the song, it’s one of the best songs on my phone to powerfully stroll to class. 

Taylor is a freshman at WashU from London. She loves listening to music, walking in the park and watching Netflix.
Wash U class of 2021; Majoring in Psychological and Brain Sciences with minors in Art History and Communication Design.