This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

As final exams and papers are approaching, remember to take a break once in awhile. I looked at ten of this week’s new singles for you to listen to when you just can’t look at your computer screen for another second. Stop working for a bit, and enjoy!

“S.O.S.”–Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc

From the posthumous album TIM, Avicii recorded this track before his death in 2018. This pairing will bring you back to when everyone was listening to “Wake Me Up.”

“Used to Be”–Anna of the North

You may have heard her song “Lovers” in “To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before.”

“Boy with Luv”–BTS ft. Halsey

Another tune from the Korean boy band likely to be a hit, this song features Halsey as well. The collaboration works surprisingly well.

“Sixteen”–Ellie Goulding

In my opinion, this is one of her best songs in awhile, with a nostalgic vibe.

“Can We Pretend”–Pink ft. Cash Cash

Here’s another sassy tune from Pink reminiscing over past times but in an edgy way.

“Kingdom of One”–Maren Morris

From the Game of Thrones soundtrack, this song from “The Middle” singer is haunting but pretty.

“Sunflower”–Pixie Lott

This cover of “Sunflower” by Post Malone is a more acoustic, smoother version of the hit.

“Late Night Feelings”–Mark Ronson ft. Lykke Li

Mark Ronson’s new song has a nice bassline with a few unique twists to make it original.

“Favourite Ex”–Maisie Peters

One of my favorites on this list, this song from a little-known singer is actually really good and romantic.

“Zelda Mae”–Fergus

This indie song is nicely relaxing and quietly powerful.

Brianna Hines is a junior at Washington University in St. Louis, majoring in English with a concentration in Creative Writing and minoring in Marketing.
Wash U class of 2021; Majoring in Psychological and Brain Sciences with minors in Art History and Communication Design.