This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

As the winter season approaches, it’s time to swap out your wardrobe and suit up for the colder months! Below are my top five fashion staples to make the most of your winter.

1. Sweat Sets

Seeing as we’re all going to be spending a lot of time indoors in the coming months (finals + COVID + cold), comfy clothes are a must! Sweat sets are super cute, but can transition you from a zoom to a nap in no time!

2. Plaid Shackets (Shirt + Jacket = Shacket!)

Plaid = quintessential fall and winter print. Shacket = perfect warmth, light but not too light. Do I need to say more?

3. Platform Boots

Platform combat boots have been hot for a while now, and it doesn’t look like they’ll be going anywhere. They can be worn for any occasion, and are perfect to dress up or down!

4. Claw Clips

Claw clips in trendy pastels and tortoise prints are all over Pinterest, and this cute trend is super easy (and cheap!) to hop on.

5. Leather

Leather (faux or not) has always been an iconic fashion staple. This year maybe try funky brown leather jeans as opposed to a classic black leather jacket to spice things up!

Hi! I’m Anu, and I’m from a suburb of Chicago! I’m planning on majoring in either PNP of Biochem on a Pre-Med track. I love fashion, baking, and Netflix - and ,of course, Her Campus!
We are WashU's Her Campus site designed for collegiettes here on campus.