This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

We all know that St. Louis weather is quite the toss-up, but we have already experienced a week or so of bitter coldness (wind chills below 0° F). This being said, it is not only important to keep your skin moisturized but also your lips. Getting sick- like everyone on this campus- also forces you to breathe solely out of your mouth, turning your lips dried and cracked and therefore making you a miserable human being. Having been sick for two weeks straight (thank you sorority recruitment), I have tested a wide range of lip balms and various other lip products and have compiled them into this ranked list to help you select the best one for you. Or, you can be like me and buy them all out of pure desperation.

1. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment ($22.50 for original untinted): I swear by this stuff. Not only does it smell amazing (lemon, if you’re into that), but it also works amazingly. It comes in several varieties, from plain to numerous tints, and also two sizes: regular and mini. If your lips are in need of some serious TLC, you can try the Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment. You can purchase this product at Sephora or on the Fresh website.

Allure.com

2. Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1 ($7 for tube): Kiehl’s has been running the beauty product game since 1851. Their products are lightly scented (if scented at all) and are made for both genders. Lip Balm #1 comes in a small tube or tiny jar that you can easily pop into your bag or pocket and it is absolutely lifesaving. You can purchase Kiehl’s products at Nordstrom among other department stores, or you can find it online on the Kiehl’s site.

Shop.nordstrom.com

3. The Lip Scrub by Sara Happ: While lightly scrubbing your lips with a toothbrush can often do the trick, you can go the extra mile by investing in a small jar of Sara Happ’s Lip Scrub. It comes in several flavors, from grapefruit to birthday cake, and it helps to remove the dead layers from the surface of your lips. This product will not only help you to look better, but also to feel better. Learn more or purchase your scrub at Nordstrom here.

cdn.sheknows.com

4. Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm: I’m overall a big fan of the Jack Black products. They are unisex and have an addictive scent that smells kind of masculine, but in the best way. This lip balm is moisturizing and renewing, and will help you to repair any damage done by the weather and/or sickness. I have to give a shout-out to the Jack Black Cool Moisture Body Lotion, which smells as good as it works. Find Jack Black lip products here.

getjackblack.com

5. ChapStick Dual-Ended Hydration Lock: This two-sided stick has a moisturizing end and a renewing end. The moisturizing formula is made for everyday use while the renewing balm is ideal for overnight repair. I keep this by my bed every night and bring it with me whenever I leave the house. There are also several other two-sided ChapSticks to explore on their website.

seesondraslim.files.wordpress.com

6. L’Occitane Shea Butter Ultra Rich Lip Balm: Just, yes. In my humble opinion, L’Occitane has some of the best beauty products out there, but their Shea Butter lip balms take the cake. Apply this balm at night, during the day, and everywhere in between. You can be confident that any products using Shea Butter will help to restore your dry and distressed skin, no matter how much it has been through (like walking through campus in sub-zero temperatures). You can find L’Occitane lip products on their website.

usa.loccitane.com

Sydney Davis is a senior at Washington University in St. Louis majoring in Film & Media Studies and minoring in Writing. She loves running, exploring new cities, fashion, boating, and most importantly, Whole Foods.