How to Survive the Freshman Flu

Here are some tips to help you survive the freshman flu, courtesy of a freshman who had the flu her second week of freshman year.  Yes, it was the worst.

sick ill i feel sick GIF

Comfy Sweatpants

These are a must have. Do not feel like you have to put actual clothes on when you’re sick. No one will care if you roll out of bed with messy hair, tissues, and fuzzy socks with slippers. Just be comfortable. Honestly, no one really cares if you do this when you're healthy either, but especially when not when you’re sick. movie film life friday monday GIF

Slippers

Who wants to lean down and have grossness drip out of every hole in their face when they try to put on shoes? Just slide those slippers right on your little feet and get all cozy in ‘em.

always slippers GIF

Dayquil and Nyquil

These will keep you alive and allow you to physically move. The only reason you’ll want to get out of bed in the morning is to take that Dayquil.

HULU tv hulu sick ugly betty GIF

Gatorade

Gotta get those electrolytes in. Trust me, they help a lot.

MLB shower yankees new york yankees nyy GIF

Netflix

Find a great new show to watch and then just watch all of it. All of it.

20th Century Fox Home Entertainment bored lazy couch fight club GIF

Advil

For those aches and pains that cannot be avoided from walking, sleeping funny, and everything in between.

sick daria i feel horrible GIF

Tissues

I cannot stress this enough. Bring tissues with you whenever you leave your room. You never know when that big sneeze is gonna come out.

sick day GIF

Stay In

Trust me, you’ll want to go out because you’ll experience major FOMO...BUT you need to stay in and regain your health. Tt will be worth it, I promise.

RealityTVGIFs wink phone mean girls sick GIF

Sleep

This is crucial. You will not get healthy if you do not sleep. So please sleep.

sick day GIF

Good luck!

by Elizabeth Baxter

gifs: giphy.com