How to Spring Break Prep to the Absolute Max

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

​It’s real ladies, Spring Break is finally upon us! And I’m sure I’m not the only one that has their personal to-do list stacked high, as school work and extracurriculars have been taking priority over that face mask you’ve been meaning to use, or that new product you’ve wanted to get but have been too lazy to uber off-campus for. That said, here’s my list of the things you want to take care of before Spring Break to achieve those awesome insta-worthy pics & mems from your first college Spring Break!   1. Get your nails done.

periwinkle manicure on short nails
Photo by Kristina Paukshtite from Pexels

We all know nails are a MUST to welcome in good weather. No more dry cuticles or cracked knuckles, get those babies looking sleek and shiny. I would recommend a lighter color to accentuate your impending tan.

2. Brows.

girl with jean jacket yellow wall
Taylor Thoman / Her Campus

I don’t know about y’all but winter has made my brows borderline unruly. Clean those puppies up for the judgmental brow raise that’s a leo-season staple. 

3. Lashes 

Makeup products
Photo by Raphael Lovaski on Unsplash

Lash tint people. Lash tint. If you’re like me and you’re too scared (and broke) to commit to fake lashes for fear of never appreciating your natural lash length again, get a lash tint! It’s essentially permanent eyeliner and mascara for two-three weeks, for a fraction of the price. 

4. New suits

orange and blue bikini bathing suits
Photo by Analise Benevides from Unsplash

Ready for a quick dip? Me too. Howeverr the freshman 15 is unfortunately a very real thing. There is nothing less flattering than busting out of a swimsuit, so do yourself a favor and just buy a size up to accentuate those curvess!

5. Orange is the new black. 

Mimosa
JÉSHOOTS

The painful underbelly of spring is allergy and flu season. Not to mention this year we have the lovely addition of the coronavirus. Get ahead of the game by dosing yourself up with allegra, orange juice, loads of clementines, and some serious travel sized purell to fend off the pathogens.

breakfast & poetry enthusiast
Jess Greene

Washington '22

Wash U Class of 2022, double major in Psychology and Marketing