HC’s Guide to Finishing Your Semester with a Bang!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Now that Spring Break has come to an end, students have flocked back to campus flaunting new tans and new spring wardrobes.  With summer just around the corner, there’s so little time left to make the most of the 2011-2012 school year!  But, not to worry, here are some tips to make the rest of your semester the best that it can possibly be.

1. Keep putting in hard work in all of your classes

While I know it can be tempting to throw in the towel and give up, you are so close to the end that it would be a shame to put all of your hard work to waste.  Work hard so that your summer relaxation time can be justified.  Make an effort to go to teachers’ office hours and ask friends for help on things you don’t understand.  Just keep swimming, as Dory would say!  Soon enough, you will be work and stress-free.

2. Don’t forget to spend time with your friends too!

As sad as it may be, the reality is that during the summer, your friends will not all conveniently live a short walk away from you.  Don’t forget to take a break from your work from time to time and spend some quality time with your closest gal pals.  Try to catch a movie together, or go out for a fun afternoon of shopping followed by a delicious meal!

3. Try to attend school events and get involved

Our time as college students is limited.  When else in our lives are we going to be a part of a mass community with ample opportunities to support each other?  Try to find the time to go to a sports game, theater show, or any other school-related event where you can show off your school pride.  It’s never too late to get involved and there are plenty of upcoming events to look forward to!  WUstock, a free concert on the Swamp featuring the Gym Class Heroes, is coming up on Saturday, April 7.  Want even more musical entertainment?  Then don’t miss the always-popular Spring W.I.L.D. concert, held in Brookings Quad on Friday, April 27!

Summer is approaching fast, so make the most of every day and have a great rest of the semester!