This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

WARNING: cheesy alert.

My goal for this article is to make you all smile. I don’t know about you, but it’s hard to think of anything other than the insanity that is U.S. politics and the seemingly endless natural disasters. So, I’ve decided to dedicate this article to sharing some happy stories to allow you to take a short break from the horror you feel when you turn on the 10 o’clock news.

Royal Caribbean Cancels Cruise to use for Puerto Rico Relief

Almost as cool as Suite Life on Deck, Royal Caribbean uses their cruise ship to provide aid and relief to victims of Hurricane Maria.

It’s incredible to see a huge company like Royal Caribbean focusing on social impact and using their resources to do their part! The cruise is forgoing about $5.7M in revenue (Cruzely.com). @BusinessStudents, it ain’t about the money, money, money!

Canadian Groom Saves Drowning Boy

During his wedding photo shoot, Clayton Cook jumps into a river to save a drowning boy. Bye, bye suit! Small sacrifice to save a life, but Cook’s quick thinking is more than just right place at the right time.

Captured by the wedding photographer:

California Becomes First State to Ban Sales of Non-Rescue Dogs!

I embarrassingly admit that I have seen any dog show on television; you name it, I’ve seen it. After many episodes of Pitbulls & Parolees (a pitbull rescue show), I’m SO excited to hear about this news.

Finally, America is doing something right! USA, USA, USA! This act takes an aggressive stance against puppy mills, which often mistreat dogs. Any pet store selling a non-rescue dog will be fined up to $5000.

News source: sunnyskyz.com (highly recomend for more uplifting stories)

MORE PUPPIES

Not a news story, but happy!

gifs: giphy.com

Washington University Class of 2019. College of arts and sciences, Psychology major with a minor in Design