Gabby Lipsitz 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Senior Gabby Lipsitz has gotten very involved in the Greek community during her time at WashU. Read on to hear more about the first place winner of the PanHellenic Leadership Scholarship! 

Year: 2016

Hometown: Highland Park, IL

Major/Minor: PNP major, Legal studies and writing minor

Campus involvement: greek standards board, gamma chi, campus interview team, pre law society 

Why did you want to become a gamma chi?

I really liked and valued my gamma chis when I was going through rush myself and wanted the chance to rush from a different perspective.”

Why do you like being a part of the Greek community?

It gives you so many opportunities to get involved and gain leadership positions so early on in college. I was able to get very involved right after joining and have been able to get so much out of it.

What advice do you have for people debating whether or not to join Greek life?

I would tell them to always keep an open mind and to have faith in the system.

Hidden talent

Not being a procrastinator

Favorite song

I love Nickleback even though everyone hates him. I have the music taste of a 50 year old man.

What’s your favorite restaurant in St. Louis?

The cup.

What’s your biggest fear?

Sketchy meat.

Can you elaborate?

No. I make my roommates cut the scary off my chicken.

What’s your best fun fact about yourself?

I’ve broken every finger at least once. And I went sky diving on Friday the 13th. I also drove home to Chicago once to get a $17 car wash.

What is on your bucket list for before you graduate?

It’s all food related, and horseback riding. But I want to go on the Anheuser Busch tour and to Fitz’s.

What’s your spirit animal?

I don’t do that. Larry David.

Rachel is a junior in Olin Business School at Washington University in St. Louis. When she's not using her status as a twin as her obvious fun fact, she'll probably tell you that she loves photography, concerts, travel, Buzzfeed, and slaving over clever Instagram captions.