This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

The temperature has dropped below 70 degrees, and the trees are starting to change color. In other words: it’s time to break out your fall wardrobe! Here’s a list of a few “must-have” items you should add to your closet to ensure you’ll have a cool and cozy autumn.

1. Doc Martens (or any other combat boots!)

A pair of black lace-up boots is the perfect way to spice up any outfit! They work with leggings, mom jeans, dresses, skirts: the possibilities are endless! There is no way you can go wrong with these this season!

2. Sherpa

Sherpas are an easy piece to throw on for a cute outfit. On top of that, they’re super practical! There’s no way you’ll freeze on your way to class with this on, and the pockets are large enough to keep all your essentials easily accessible.

3. Turtlenecks

Turtleneck season is the best season! While staying warm, you can make so many different fashion statements depending on what style you want. A simple black or white turtleneck can be dressed up with a fall coat or jacket, or you can opt for a large fuzzy one instead! 

4. Chunky Sweater

Owning at least one chunky or oversized sweater is a MUST during fall time! Not only will your look be adorable, but you’ll stay super cozy while walking to your morning classes!

5. Mom Jeans

There’s so many pros for mom jeans: comfort, style, versatility, the list goes on and on! A pair of these matched with a sweater or warm jacket is the recipe for a killer autumn outfit.

6. Fuzzy Socks

This one might be the most important of them all. You absolutely should have a couple of pairs of fuzzy socks for the colder seasons. There are so many cute and funny options to choose from, and you can find them nearly anywhere. (They also make great gifts for friends!)

Psychology & Women and Gender Studies Major Writing Minor
Wash U class of 2021; Majoring in Psychological and Brain Sciences with minors in Art History and Communication Design.