Escaping from the cold

In the midwest right now, temperatures are dropping as low as -12 degrees. Amid this frigid weather, there are some easy ways to stay (or pretend you are) warm. Here are a few favorites:

1. Listen to summer-themed music
Listening to summer-themed songs such as Summer by Calvin Harris, Cool for the Summer by Demi Lovato, Hot, Hot, Hot by Buster Poindexter, Summertime Magic by Childish Gambino, and In Summer from Frozen will keep you (mentally?) warm whilst in the tundra.  

2. Think about warm places
Have a favorite summer spot? A beach you and your family always go to? Think about that place and picture yourself in it. Maybe, for a second, you will feel like you are in that place and get warmer!  

3. Drink hot drinks.

Hot chocolate, coffee, apple cider, and tea are always great options for warmth in the winter! Also, during a time where sickness is extremely prevalent, hot drinks are great for soothing a sore throat.  

4. Bundle up in bed with a movie

Whether the movie is winter-themed or not, bundling up under the covers to a movie is a great way to keep warm! Pop some warm popcorn with butter to go along with the feeling of comfort.

5. Eat soup

Soup soothes the soul! Sounds cliche, but is pretty valid. Soup, in its multitude of forms, is a delicious way to keep warm; it is a warm drink in meal form! (sorry for the rhyming, unintentional) 

Good luck surviving the polar vortex!! 

Jess Greene

Washington '22

Wash U Class of 2022, double major in Psychology and Marketing