David Fatoki 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Looking to spice up your wardrobe for the spring? We’ve found the perfect tanks and sweatshirts designed by one of WUSTL’s own students to help you look hot in 2013. David Fatoki is a sophomore from Chicago who is bringing his personal clothing line to WashU’s campus. Not only has he created and founded his brand- titled Lotus– he is also a member of the Varsity basketball team and pretty much a campus cutie as well as a celeb. Check out his line at www.pursuelotus.com because you’re definitely going to want to be sporting this kid’s designs!

Name: David Fatoki

Major: Finance

Hometown: Flossmoor, IL

So we know that you’ve started a clothing brand called Lotus. Tell us how that happened: Well, one of my buddies from home is a really dope graphic designer and one night he hit me with the idea. In high school we spent a ton of money on clothes. So one day, he had some designs, and said to me what if we dropped our own clothing line. I liked it, and we ran with it.

And it worked! How would you explain the concept of Lotus?: The concept of Lotus as a brand is to signify our pursuit of perfection in life. Perfection is relative to every person, but we define it as the point in your life where you feel you have mastered your craft. Lotus is our visual representation of pursing perfection. We strive to produce very high quality apparel that young adults can relate to.

How did you come up with the name?: The name – as you may expect -comes from the Lotus Flower, which means purity or perfection in Buddhism.

What are some of the inspirations for the designs?: The biggest inspiration is our surroundings. My friend is an artistic genius.

What are your plans to bring Lotus to WUSTL’s campus?: So far I’ve been doing my best to get Lotus noticed around campus. A little self-promotion combined with friends and supporters wearing it around campus. I have items here at school, so you can find me in Hitzeman if you want to help support!

Where can you be found most Friday nights?: Friday nights you can catch me chilling on the bench during basketball games, cheering the guys on! If you’re lucky you may get a brief sighting of me actually on the court (laughs).

Where do you want to live when you’re older? Hopefully somewhere warm, I’ve had enough snow in my lifetime already…

Favorite song at this very moment?: Juice – Chance the Rapper

Dream celeb girl? Definitely Beyonce after this weekend. Jay-Z is the man.