Campus Cutie Zach Stoler (2013)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie is bittersweet. On one hand, Zachary Samuel Stoler might be by far the most adorable man-boy that ever went to WashU. On the other hand, he is graduating on May 17 and won’t be here next year to continuously melt hearts and charm us all. While Zach is a Texan cowboy at heart, don’t let that fool you. In high school, he also played football (starring as the quarterback), basketball, and lacrosse. I’ll let you read on for the rest of the Zach low-down, but I’ll leave you with the best part: Zach is a twin. Yes, ladies, if you haven’t guessed it already, that means there are two Stoler Prince Charming’s out there for you. May the best woman win.

Hometown: Houston, TX.

Grade: Senior!

Studied: Mechanical engineering.

What are you involved in on campus? Not much really at this point, only ThurtenE and Sigma Chi. I’ve held positions in Sigma Chi and I did books and basketball in the past.

What are you doing next year? I’m going to be a production engineer at Exxon, back in Houston. 

Do you use your southern charm to your advantage? I’d say sometimes it works in my favor and others times it doesn’t. Some people aren’t fans of cowboy boots for some reason.

What’s your motto? “Be the best.” Just because it’s from my favorite movie, “Men of Honor.” Real awesome scene when Cuba drops that on De Niro.

Favorite foreign food? Mexican. Big fan of the whole dining experience with it. You got margaritas, chips and salsa, then beef fajitas. That’s good stuff.

Favorite foreign women? Latina. Sofia Vergara, Eva Mendes, Salma Hayek.

Do you cook? I can do the basics. It has come along way though. I can pretty much cook eggs, quesadillas, (sometimes actually cooking) chicken, meat sauce, and (sometimes) bison burgers. Trying to expand more though. 

Celebrity boy crush? Probably Leo cause he’s the man.

Celebrity girl crush? Kristin Cavallari. If she counts as a celebrity. If not, Scarlett Johansson.

Tell me about your first kiss: It was in 7th grade and the most romantic movie was on – “Radio.” My girlfriend and I at the time made out during a few of the scenes. It was magical.

Dogs or cats? Dogs over cats. But for full disclosure, I’ve had a couple traumatizing experiences with dogs that I’ve had to use past 15 years to get over. 

Boxers of briefs? Briefs. 

Do you have a kryptonite? Maybe ICEEs? There’s never a point I would not want an ICEE.

What’d you want to be growing up? Just like every other Jewish kid who liked basketball, I wanted to be in the NBA. I’ve retired though, deciding not to pursue that goal anymore.

Any weird habits I should know about? I can think of one. I used to not like the ends of French fries, so I just ate from one side and left the other end on the plate. When I was done eating there would just be a little pile of French fry ends. I’ll save them for you next time.

How kind. Where do you see yourself in ten years? Hopefully vacationing at my (someone else’s) lake house? Andrew Osborn, talking to you.

Describe yourself in one word: Hmm that’s tough.., But I’d say just happy. 

Rosa Heyman is a senior at Washington University in St. Louis studying Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies and Writing. She has worked as an editorial intern at Black Book Magazine in NYC and St. Louis Magazine, and for the web editor at Redbook Magazine in NYC. A Rhode Island native, Rosa likes reading, writing, Kate Moss, The New York Times' Modern Love columns, Paolo Pellegrin photography, and roller coasters.