Brandon Gillman (2015)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie can be found driving the creepy white Wash-U-Wash van across campus, rocking SigEp apparel in the library, or drinking out of the cool tie-dye water bottle that usually hangs off his backpack.  Brandon Gillman is certainly a “campus cutie.” But ladies, he’s so much more than just eye candy. He’s got a great sense of humor, killer dance moves, and even owns a REAL business. Give him a little wave sometime, maybe a wink. And don’t be shy, because he certainly isn’t.

Year: Junior.

Hometown: Livingston, NJ but now resides in Boca Raton, FL.

Major: Systems Engineering, minor in Operations & Supply Chain Management.

Campus Involvement: Wash-U-Wash, former member of SigEp.

Favorite dance move? You probably haven’t heard of it or seen anyone do it because it’s my own signature move. I call it “The Shield.” It’s truly beautiful… Like a double fist-pump with a twist.

Pokémon or Yugio? Beanie Babies.

What’s your perfect day in St. Louis? Brunch at Bogart’s, walking around the Soulard Farmer’s Market, maybe a game of squash at the AC, then dinner and pitchers at Kings.

What would be the ideal weather for that day? 65˚ and partly sunny. Right between a short-sleeve shirt and long-sleeve shirt.

You have a really unique sense of style. Where do you shop? Mostly JCrew, Rugby, and Top Man.

Favorite place to grocery shop? Schnucks, but exclusively the aisles with fruit snacks and Lunchables.

Is there a food you constantly crave? Fried salami. Hands down.

When did you first try that? It’s a funny story actually. I used to hang out at my best friend’s house all the time when I was younger and his dad always thought I was too skinny so whenever I slept over, he’d make us fried salami in the morning to fatten me up. I’ve been hooked ever since.

Do you make it for yourself at home? Yeah it’s really easy. I just buy some salami, slice it up, and put it in a frying pan. Too good.

Is there anything else about you that no one knows? I always sleep with the teddy bear I got when I was a baby.

Sydney Davis is a senior at Washington University in St. Louis majoring in Film & Media Studies and minoring in Writing. She loves running, exploring new cities, fashion, boating, and most importantly, Whole Foods.