This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Best Ways to Spend Free Time in Quarantine

It can be really draining for your mental health to be cooped up inside, doing work all day. To avoid this, here are some ways I’ve been spending my free time and I recommend you do the same! (*INSERT PHOTOS THROUGHOUT*)

1. Baking

I’ve actually baked so many amazing foods. Some of my favorites include banana bread, baked oats, and blueberry muffins! 

1. Puzzles

My sister and I spent the weekend completing a 500 piece puzzle outdoors in the nice weather. It was a great way to spend a nice day!

1. Run/Walk

I go on runs and walks almost every day; it’s really nice to get outside and get a good workout in. I usually would go to the gym, but since that is not an option, I’ve found some running paths near my house that are a great way to be in nature.

1. Self Care

I’ve done face masks, bath bombs, and my nails, and it helps me feel put together. 

1. Creating New Playlists 

I’ve been searching spotify to make some quarantine-themed playlists, and I have found a bunch of new songs!

1. Learn a New Skill

I am trying to learn how to play the guitar using a guitar in my house; highly recommend trying to learn a new skill during this time. 

1. Dye your Hair

Looking to change up your look? Now is a good time to invest in Hair Dye; you don’t have to see anyone for a bit if it doesn’t look good!

Jess Greene

Washington '22

Wash U Class of 2022, double major in Psychology and Marketing
We are WashU's Her Campus site designed for collegiettes here on campus.