Best Flavor Combinations at the Baked Bear

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

If you haven’t yet gone to Baked Bear on the Delmar Loop, stop what you’re doing and go immediately. These customizable ice cream sandwiches are absolutely heavenly. Warning: it can be overwhelming to choose the perfect combination of cookies, ice cream flavor, and topping. But, as a loyal Baked Bear customer and dessert connoisseur, I promise not to steer you wrong. Here are my top 5 suggestions for the absolute best flavor combinations: 

1: One chocolate chip cookie, one cookies & cream cookie, cookies & cream ice cream and m&m toppingThis is my go-to order and it seriously never disappoints.

2: One m&m cookie, one chocolate chip cookie, coffee ice cream & mini chocolate chips on top.

3: One gooey butter cake cookie, one chocolate chip cookie, dark chocolate ice cream and oreo crumbs on top. 

4: One funfetti cookie, one snickerdoodle cookie, cookie dough ice cream and m&ms on top. 

5: Two chocolate chip cookies, mint chip ice cream and mini chocolate chips on top.  

Pro tips: 

• Students get a discount on Thursday nights!! Ice cream sandwiches are $3. 
  • ALWAYS get your ice cream sandwich hot pressed. This makes the cookies taste like they are fresh out of the ice cream while still preserving the cold and refreshing aspect of the ice cream. If you don’t get your ice cream sandwich hot pressed, you are doing it wrong.
  • You can order cookies from the Baked Bear on Goldbelly; even though this obviously is not as good as the ice cream sandwich, it serves as a good substitute if you’re having an intense craving during winter break!
  • If you are more into brownies than cookies, Baked Bear also has a brownie sandwich. 
  • If you are vegan and/or gluten free, they sell gluten free & vegan chocolate chip cookies.
  • There simply cannot be a bad flavor combination here – everything is amazing!!!
Sophie Fries

Wash U '24

Carb Queen?
breakfast & poetry enthusiast