This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

1: HAMILTON

Hamilton is hands down the BEST broadway show you will ever see. Period. Not only will you love the music, but you’ll also get the chance to learn a little bit more of American history. I have seen this show four times and that is still not enough. Biggest piece of advice: enter the Hamilton lottery to win 2 front-row tickets for $10 each. Trust me, you definitely want to be in the room where it happens. 

2: DEAR EVAN HANSEN 

This show will seriously make you cry. But it’s worth it. The music is amazing, and you will fall in love with the characters before the first song is even over. Side note: after seeing both Hamilton and Dear Evan Hansen, you must listen to the Found/Tonight mashup. 

3: JAGGED LITTLE PILL

Inspired by Alanis Morissette, this show is absolutely incredible. Even if you are not familiar with Morissette, you will STILL love it. The actors and actresses are extremely talented, and this show will leave you wishing you were able to perform. 

4: MOULIN ROUGE! THE MUSICAL

You will not be able to get the music from this show out of your head for at least 2 weeks after seeing it. The mashups of modern songs will leave you never listening to the originals again. 

NEXT ON MY LIST: 

FREESTYLE LOVE SUPREME

As soon as broadway comes back to NYC, I will be first in line to see the new Lin Manuel Miranda show. This improv show is without a doubt unique, and the surprise celebrity appearances make it even more exciting. 

SIX

I’m not going to lie; I want to see this show because I’ve heard that it is kind of similar to Hamilton. This show tells a modern version of the story of Henry VIII’s six wives and I’m hoping to get back to broadway soon so that I can see it!

Sophie Fries

Wash U '24

Carb Queen?
breakfast & poetry enthusiast