This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

It’s a simple fact; other than the mandated reading that college students drag themselves through in order to complete an assignment, most students do not find the time to pick up a book and read. Reading is oftentimes given a bad reputation. I have always believed in the importance of using reading as a medium to relieve stress, especially with easy-to-read pageturners that grab your attention quickly. Picking up a book right before bed can be so therapeutic and relaxing; a way to quickly escape into the intricate world that an author creates.

Romance books have been a staple of female reading for ages. We love watching characters fall in love on the big screen and overtime in tried-and-true television shows, so why shouldn’t we give the same love to books? I’ve compiled a list of some of the best romantic comedy books I’ve read this year in order to hopefully give you a place to start. And if you’re already an avid reader, then enjoy a few extra suggestions. It’s true; we all have a little bit of a hopeless romantic in us, and these books will allow you to unlock her, just a little bit. These light reads will not take too much of your time, but you will find yourself falling in love with the characters — and the plotlines — quickly.

1.) The Kiss Quotient – Helen Hoang

a.) Companion: The Bride Test

2.) Beach Read – Emily Henry

3.) The Bromance Book Club – Lyssa Kay Adams

a.) Part of a Series: Undercover Bromance (2)

4.) The Friend Zone – Abby Jimenez

a.) Companion: The Happily Ever After Playlist (2).

5.) More Than Words – Jill Santopolo

6.) Get a Life, Chloe Brown – Talia Hibbert

a.) Part of a Series: Take a Hint, Dani Brown (2) and Act Your Age, Eve Brown (3 – expected in 2021)

7.) The Worst Best Man – Mia Sosa

8.) The Flatshare – Beth O’Leary

9.) The Unhoneymooners – Christina Lauren

10.) Intercepted – Alexa Martin

a.) Part of a Series: Fumbled (2), Blitzed (3), and Snapped (4 – coming out on October 20).

We are WashU's Her Campus site designed for collegiettes here on campus.