Bad Hombres, Nasty Women, and Puppets Galore: Decoding Trump’s Language In The Third Debate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

I think a lot of people breathed collective sighs of relief at the conclusion of Wednesday’s third and final presidential debate. We will finally be rid of the name calling, the constant interruptions, and can briefly divert our eyes from Donald’s weird eyelids that look the exact same as his mouth (seriously, though. It’s creepy.)

metro.co.uk

In honor of a debate season that has turned politics on its head, I thought it would do us some good to go through some of the words frequented by the Republican candidate, Donald Trump.

Bad Hombres:

The bad, bad, Mexican people that Trump feels need to go away immediately. Also, the name of a new sitcom coming to Fox next Fall.

Big League:

Also pronounced “bigly”, Trump’s favorite adjective to describe the mess our country is in.

China:

The source of all the world’s problems. Pronounced: CHYYY-NA.

Rigged:

The 2016 Election.

Women:

People who love and respect Donald Trump, according to Donald Trump. He also claims to love this group of citizens, except, of course, when they are “fat”, “disgusting”, or “nasty” (see below).

Suspense:

What Trump wants us to keep us all in, a la a horror movie where you know that behind the door the girl is about to walk into is filled with scary rat demons, but you still let her walk in anyway

Nasty Woman:

Hillary Rodham Clinton, giving us some serious Tupac vibes in an all-white button up suit (sidenote: my favorite look of the three debates).

Rachel is a junior in Olin Business School at Washington University in St. Louis. When she's not using her status as a twin as her obvious fun fact, she'll probably tell you that she loves photography, concerts, travel, Buzzfeed, and slaving over clever Instagram captions.