This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

For those of you who missed “The Bachelorette” on Tuesday night and are looking for a quick summary, look no further. My job is to provide an overview that allows you to skip the first two-hour-long episode and jump right in next week.

First things first, let’s talk about our Bachelorette, Clare Crawley. At 39-years-old, Crawley is the oldest Bachelorette yet and has been on four seasons of the show. She is a hairstylist from Sacramento, California, and a strong dog-lover. She was on Juan Pablo Galavis’s season six years ago, the first two seasons of “Bachelor in Paradise” and “Bachelor Winter Games” in 2018. Crawley was runner up on Galavis’s season, and “The Bachelor” fans remember her for telling him off after he told her goodbye at the final rose ceremony. Crawley and  Benoît Beauséjour-Savard became engaged after “Bachelor Winter Games,” but the relationship lasted for a month and a half. Crawley believes the clock is ticking for her and is still searching for love.

ABC/Craig Sjodin

On the first night, Crawley wore a long, sparkly gown, somewhat resembling a disco ball. As the men began to arrive, a few stood out from the crowd. The man of the night seemed to be Dale Moss, a former National Football League wide receiver. As Moss stepped out of the limousine, both he and Crawley’s eyes lit up, and they were smiling from ear to ear. He literally swept her off of her feet when the two first hugged. When Moss walked away, Crawley seemed stunned and stated that she might have just met her husband. Even host Chris Harrison had to walk over to remind her that there were still other guys to see.

As usual, there were many other exciting and memorable entrances. Jason Foster, who walked out wearing a fake baby bump, paid tribute to Crawley on Galavis’s season, when she did the same. Kenny Braasch, who said he is not a suit guy, wore a t-shirt with Crawley’s dogs’ faces on it. Crawley asked if she could pet them and proceeded to stroke his chest. AJ Jalawan admitted he is not great with first impressions, and Crawley was in pain from how hard he was squeezing her hands. Eazy Nwachukwu jumped through a banner that said “your future husband” in a stylish salmon suit. Nwachukwu gave off the vibes of the funny guy and was cracking jokes the whole night.

My personal favorite was Tyler Cottrill, who drove his station wagon to the Bachelor Mansion and rocked a thick Southern accent. Sadly, Cottrill did not finish the night with a rose. This may have been because there was a little bit of drama involving Yosef Aborady and Cottrill, who claimed to know of Aborady direct messaging other women on Instagram recently. Cottrill pulled Aborady to the side and said he would tell Crawley if it came to it. Aborady took it into his own hands and brought the issue to Crawley, who then brought Cottrill over. She straight-up asked if Aborady has a girlfriend or anyone who thinks she may be his girlfriend and he said no, allowing them to drop it from there. However, Aborady ended up with a rose, and Cottrill did not.

Unsurprisingly, Moss received the first impression rose, and the two shared their first kiss on camera. The sneak peek clips showed a lot of drama that is soon to come. Crawley falls fast for Moss and leaves the show within 12 days. Harrison expresses his disappointment when sharing the news that Crawley is gone to the men. The producers will have to replace Crawley and find a new Bachelorette. Although Harrison says this every year, this indeed may be the most dramatic Bachelorette season yet.

Sophie is a freshman at Wash U and is studying in the Olin Business School.
We are WashU's Her Campus site designed for collegiettes here on campus.