Up-And-Coming Artist Lennon Stella: All You Need to Know

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Lennon Stella has been known for a variety of projects since her first steps into the spotlight in 2012. From cup song youtube videos to acting in CMT’s Nashville, Stella has steadily been making a name for herself in the entertainment industry. However, over the past couple of years her music career has been making great strides. Here are some things you should know about Lennon Stella before she takes over the top of the charts!

1. She first started her music career alongside her sister, Maisy.

The two girls had their claim to fame seven years ago when they did the cup song to “Call Your Girlfriend.” The video quickly gained a lot of attention racking up over 30 million views. Lennon and Maisy went on to star on Nashville together where they continued to explore their musical interests. 

2. She takes inspiration from music groups that “challenge boundaries.”

Stella has said she admires bands that push against the typical sound and messages that pop groups put out. Two of her favorite bands, The 1975 and The Japanese House, have motivated her to make bold choices with both her music and her platform.

3. She collaborated with the Chainsmokers.

Three months ago The Chainsmokers and ILLENIUM released “Takeaway,” which featured Lennon Stella. The song was an instant success and the music video already has over 50 million views on YouTube. By performing with these groups, Stella voice has been heard by a larger audience than ever before.

4. She’s really interested in the fashion world.

Stella is not afraid to take risks in her fashion and enjoys experimenting with her look. From her concert wardrobe to her Instagram photos, she is eager to share her visions with others and express herself through her clothing.

5. She performed at Lollapalooza and has been on tour ever since — just the start of her success.

Stella performed on the first day of the 2019 Lollapalooza music festival in Chicago this last summer. After delivering an amazing set, she has continued to make great strides as she continues to tour with the Chainsmokers from now through this next summer. As Stella reaches new heights in her music career, there’s no doubt that everyone should keep their eye out for this growing star.

Psychology & Women and Gender Studies Major Writing Minor
Wash U class of 2021; Majoring in Psychological and Brain Sciences with minors in Art History and Communication Design.