An All Too Real Guide To Midterms Szn

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

An All Too Real Guide to Midterms Szn

As you may have noticed from the increased levels of stress and lack of sleep you have been experiencing lately, midterms season is right around the corner — and it’s coming at all of us like a 500 ton freight train, ready to flatten you like a Village brunch pancake. Sounds fun right? Wrong. See, it would seem alright for midterms to be sneaking up behind me if it felt at all like it were actually a month into this semester, but it does not. It feels like just yesterday I was basking in my freshman ignorance, enjoying a winter break filled with binge-netflixing and stress-relief baking. Alas, it was not just yesterday, and now we all have four more weeks until spring break comes as a consolation prize for a February of midterm-induced suffering. Thus, I am here to offer some advice on how to cope with these next few weeks. But don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll all do great on your midterms — smart gals like yourselves…

1. Don’t pull any all-nighters. They really don’t help when it actually comes to retaining the information you’re trying to cram into your *beautiful* skull.

2. Eat healthy. Yes, I sound like your nutritionist mother and overbearing pediatrician, but consuming a well-rounded, not entirely half-and-half diet will most definitely entertain the energy levels you need to succeed with your midterms.

3. Study with friends. Unless you’re one of those people who locks themselves in the B-stacks of Olin and doesn’t come out for days at a time (unless you’re hitting up Whispers for some espresso and muffins), studying with friends can be a great way to lessen the stress of midterms. By studying with friends, or holding group study sessions with classmates you barely know, you’ll at least get to suffer together in solidarity instead of solitarily.

4. Lastly, don’t ignore the things you love to do just because you have to study. It can actually be really good for you to set aside some time where you’re specifically not studying. This can mean going to the gym, getting lunch with friends, or even catching up (and crying over) the latest episodes of This Is Us, curled up with your best friends and passing a bottle of Rosé. Just do something for a little bit of your day, every day, that you enjoy doing. Who knows, maybe one of your midterm questions will be like a Buzzfeed quiz where it tells you which TV character you end up with, and instead of a number/letter grade, you get Jack Pearson — that would be pretty great.

All in all, you fine women subscribers to the WashU HerCampus are going to *crush* your midterms. So don’t sweat it!

By Carolyn Fox

giphy.com

Wash U class of 2021; Majoring in Psychological and Brain Sciences with minors in Art History and Communication Design.