This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

It’s finally fall, which calls for a transition from tank tops and mini skirts to sweaters, boots, and jeans. As a college student, it’s often hard to find trendy fall pieces at a reasonable price point. However, I’ve found that my go-to place for affordable wardrobe staples is one of my favorite locations on earth: Target. With new clothing lines including Wild Fable and A New Day, Target offers cute, on-trend items that won’t break the bank. Here are some of my favorites for fall!

1. High-Rise Distressed Ankle Straight Jeans

Straight mom-fit jeans are all the rage, and this pair serves as the perfect addition to any outfit. The fit is super flattering and the 5-button closure completes the look! Find them here.

2. Tie-Front Rib Knit Cardigan

This is the perfect piece for transitioning from summer to fall when it’s too cold to wear a tank top but not cold enough to sport a heavy sweater. Pairing this with loose jeans or a plaid mini skirt is a super cute way to transition into colder weather! Buy it here.

3. High-Waisted Leggings

Because of the recent emphasis on remote learning and working from home, loungewear and athleisure have become major fashion trends. These high-waisted leggings are under $15 and come in cute prints like camo and leopard that go great with an oversized sweatshirt and some white sneakers. Find them here.

4. Puff Sleeve Square Neck Pullover

This sweater is so cute that I honestly can’t believe they sell it at Target! The fuzzy eyelash print gives off Y2K/Clueless vibes in the best way. Pair it with some funky hair clips and prepare to receive lots of compliments! Get it here.

5. Snake Print Ankle Booties

These booties add a chic pop to any outfit and are the ultimate dupes for more high-end options on the market. A solid amount of 5-star reviews vouch for the fact that these boots are not only cute but comfortable! Shop the booties here.

Bonus

Masks! Although we hopefully won’t have to include masks in our wardrobe forever, Target has tons of cute mask options including this one with interchangeable straps.

WashU Class of 2024
We are WashU's Her Campus site designed for collegiettes here on campus.