8 Things You Didn’t Know About the Presidential Candidates

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Politicians are real people too. Here are 8 things about a few of the 2016 candidates.

1. Donald Trump is a germaphobe. But when he shakes hands, he uses a method called the “pull-in,” pulling the other person in to assert dominance.

2.  Martin O’Malley was part of a Celtic rock band called O’Malley’s March that has performed at the White house.

democraticunderground.com

3. Carly Fiorina, who caught the public’s eye as an addition to the primetime Republican election, was once a receptionist at a hair salon.

thenation.com

4. Hillary Clinton won a Grammy in 1997 for Best Non-musical album.

huffingtonpost.com

5. Jeb Bush drives a Ford Fusion. He can also handle a segway.

buzzfeed.com

6. Marco Rubio is a fan of the EDM scene.

i.ytimg.com

7.  Bernie Sanders filibustered the Bush Tax Cuts, standing and speaking for 8.5 hours against giving tax breaks to the wealthiest.

al.com

8.  Scott Walker doesn’t have a college degree. But, neither did Truman.

legalinsurrection.com

Maddy is a freshman at Washington University in St. Louis. She is from San Francisco, and enjoys playing volleyball, music, concerts, books, food, her dog, and jamming on her guitar.
Rachel is a junior in Olin Business School at Washington University in St. Louis. When she's not using her status as a twin as her obvious fun fact, she'll probably tell you that she loves photography, concerts, travel, Buzzfeed, and slaving over clever Instagram captions.