6 Jams You Should Listen to Immediately

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

It’s easy to check out iTune’s Top 10 each week, but how often do we actually want those 10 tracks on one of our many playlists? Usually, I consider myself lucky if I like one song. Add these six tracks to your iPod- you won’t regret it.

Space Jam by Audio Push ft. Lil’ Wayne: The movie Space Jam may have been released almost 20 years ago but I’m sorry, it’s hard to resist anything related to this work of art. From mixer themes to rush tanks, Space Jam still has a presence and with this pump up rap song, it’s even better than before. Personally, I think Audio Push and Lil’ Wayne kill it with the verses but I can’t help but wait for the chorus.

Anaconda by Nicki Minaj: Two words: Guilty. Pleasure. This song truly has no artistic value but it’s beyond addicting and does wonders for motivation at the gym. The combination of heavy samples from “Baby Got Back” and Nicki Minaj’s hypnotizing voice make for a tune you want to dance your butt off to without admitting you actually like it. 

On Top by Flume ft. T-Shirt: This song isn’t new but it has pretty much been on repeat on my iTunes for the past five months. Flume consistently hits the mark by creating edgy tunes that aren’t too electronic but are still an intense experience for the listener. Fun fact: I may or may not have danced on the table in my residential college’s study room to this song when I was going crazy during finals week.

Jubel by Klingade: No words, no problem. Klingade’s hypnotic melody is instrumental until about three minutes in, and the effect is magical. Whether you’re just laying in bed relaxing or pregaming with your friends, Jubel is a track that’s extremely versatile.

Houdini (RAC Remix) by Foster The People: You may have heard this playing at the beginning of RAC’s performance at LouFest, and you were probably into it. “Houdini” is perfect for running, studying, or just jamming out alone in your car.

Roses by Outkast: Because duh. It’s an oldie but a goodie, and if you don’t have this on your iPod, you should probably fix that ASAP. 

Photos (top to bottom): Radiocumiches.com (cover photo), Massappeal.com, Allmusic.com, Eurweb.com

Chloe is a sophomore in the Olin Business School at Washington University in St. Louis. She hails from Westport, Connecticut where she was Managing Editor of her high school's newspaper. She is an avid fan of ice cream, Sex and the City marathons, and napping.
Sydney Davis is a senior at Washington University in St. Louis majoring in Film & Media Studies and minoring in Writing. She loves running, exploring new cities, fashion, boating, and most importantly, Whole Foods.