element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

6 Insanely Delicious Holiday Treats

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Let’s get straight to the point: Slaving over finals for hours and hours on end can only be rewarded with delicious food. I’m sorry if you’re the type that craves some St. Louis BBQ or Pi Pizza after your last final, because you won’t find that kind of post-finals treat on this list. With the holidays quickly approaching, check out these holiday treats that you can pick up after you ace your last final. TREAT. YO. SELF.

1. Williams-Sonoma Peppermint Bark: Williams-Sonoma has been running the p-mint bark game since 1998. Those famous red tins have always been an indicator of the holidays for me, maybe even more than snow. W-S is now making Peppermint Bark Bites (candy bars), cookies (thin chocolate wafers with peppermint bark coating), and cups (like peanut butter cups but peppermint bark instead… woah). Check out the Williams-Sonoma blog for some amazing recipes that incorporate the bark into brownies, milkshakes, lattes, and even pavlova.

Williams-sonoma.com

2. Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Speculoos Cookie Butter Cups: I could barely get through writing this article without sprinting to Trader Joe’s to pick up a box of these babies. T-Joe’s practically read my mind and combined two of my favorite things on earth: dark chocolate and cookie butter. The slight bitterness of the chocolate goes perfectly with the sweetness of the filling, and let me tell you- it’s magical. Anything involving speculoos cookie butter is great for the holidays because of its gingerbready flavor.

Traderjoes.com

3. Glutino Peppermint Yogurt Covered Pretzels: This is a shoutout to all the GF readers, but also to everyone reading this because PSA: Gluten-free pretzels are way better than regular pretzels. My roommate brought home a bag of the original Glutino Yogurt Covered Pretzels and after one bite, I was hooked. The peppermint version is basically the same thing with just a sprinkle of red peppermint on top, turning them into the ideal holiday snack. Pretzel Crisps brand also makes their White Chocolate & Peppermint thins which are also very tasty.

Amazon.com

4. Bissinger’s Christmas Cookies: Take advantage of being in St. Louis and hit up Bissinger’s for their exceptional chocolates and other goodies. Their Christmas Cookies are essentially chocolate-covered Oreos, but with adorable decorations so you can feel festive while you eat them. You can choose between milk or dark chocolate, and they aren’t just ordinary chocolate-covered sandwich cookies; They’re made with Bissinger’s chocolate, which is insanely good. Stop by the store in the Central West End, or order online here.

Bissingers.com

5. Godiva Hot Cocoa Mix: It’s a little pricey at $15 per canister, but totally worth it for those cold winter nights when you need something delicious to warm you up. Or, more importantly, if you’re seriously craving some chocolate but you can’t leave the house in a snowstorm. This rich hot cocoa will certainly satisfy any and every hankering for chocolate. Travel to a nearby Godiva store, like the one in the Galleria Mall, or order online here: dark chocolate cocoa OR milk chocolate cocoa.

Amazon.com

6. Piccione Pastry holiday cookies: One of my teachers went all out for the last day of class and brought us a big box of holiday cookies from Piccione Pastry on The Loop. Please trust my opinion when I say I taste tested several types and I strongly approve. Not to mention, Piccione specializes in Italian cookies, and Italian Christmas cookies are on point. The bakery is incredibly close to campus and offers a wide variety of not only Christmas and holiday cookies, but also other pastries to enjoy with your friends (or devour on your own) before winter break begins.

Stltoday.com

Sydney Davis is a senior at Washington University in St. Louis majoring in Film & Media Studies and minoring in Writing. She loves running, exploring new cities, fashion, boating, and most importantly, Whole Foods.