Screen Shot 2019 02 12 at 82429 PMjpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Screen Shot 2019 02 12 at 82429 PMjpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
NBC / Netflix
Life > Experiences

5 Ways to Spend Your Galentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Valentine’s day has long been a dreaded holiday for single ladies. Watching others in a blissfully romantic bubble is not the ideal thing to see as a solo girl. However, over the course of the past few years, a new holiday has eclipsed Valentine’s Day that is arguably far superior: Galentine’s Day. With COVID in the mix, Galentine’s day will look a little bit different this year, but I have compiled a list of fun activities for you and the girls to (safely) partake in to add to the festivities

Vision boards

The new year is just off to its start, so it’s still the perfect time to envision and plan out what you want. Buy some magazines, print some trendy photos, and have a fun time mod-podging together some pictures on an aesthetically pleasing board that you can look at for the rest of the year.

Movie Night

The tried-and-true way to spend a girl’s night; turn on a movie and plop on some face masks for a night in. The new To All the Boys I Loved Before movie came out just two days before the holiday, making the series the perfect binge-watch for the entire night.

Cookie Baking

What better way to spend Galentine’s day than with good company and even better food. Pick up some cookie dough at your local grocery store, get together your girls, and turn on some fun music while the cookies bake for an awesome dance party as well.

“For The Girls”

This new game is one of the best ways to bond with your favorite girls. Whether you are playing in person or over Zoom (with one person pulling out the cards), it is almost guaranteed that all friends will end up in tears over some of the questions and answers that are thrown out. From personal experience, this game is totally worth it and a great way to spend your time.

Romantic therapy

Finally, if you’re feeling vengeful, the best way to spend your Galentine’s day by letting go of the past. Pick up some cheap plates and write the things you want to forget before breaking them (in a safe manner/location). Or you can always buy some fancy stationery and write therapeutic letters to those who have been in your past — just make sure your little sister never finds them and decides to mail them out (unless Noah Centineo is involved).