This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

1. Concordia Seminary (801 Seminary Place, St. Louis, MO 63105)

Take a 15 minute walk from campus to find peaceful inspiration amongst the breathtaking Gothic architecture of Luther Tower and the main quadrangle. Wander here for a quiet, secluded place to facilitate deep focus on your studies.

2. DeMun Avenue (Clayton, MO) 

Visit this charming strip of shops and restaurants to secure a table for one on the patio of Seedz Cafe (6344 South Rosebury Ave, St. Louis, MO 63105) or Kaldi’s Coffee (700 De Mun Ave, St. Louis, MO 63105).

3. Winslow’s Table (7213 Delmar Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63130) 

Once the former Winslow House, the revitalized site is now home to a restaurant featuring a gourmet market and freshly-baked pastries. The outdoor patio is the perfect location for a comfortable vibe and clean food.

4. St. Louis Public Library – Central Library (1301 Olive St, St. Louis, MO 63103)

In the heart of St. Louis, this historic library radiates elegance with its stunning design and rich architectural heritage. 

.

5. Central West End: Cafe Osage (4605 Olive St, St. Louis, MO 63108) & Rise Coffee (4176 Manchester Ave, St. Louis, MO 63110) 

Tucked away in the Bowood Farms, Cafe Osage’s lovely courtyard garden is quite the hidden gem for peaceful study time and a fresh menu. Visit Rise Coffee to experience the inviting and quirky atmosphere of a Bohemian style coffee shop.

At Washington University in St. Louis, Lea Despotis is majoring in Political Science and minoring in Sociology with a passion for law and journalism. As an art enthusiast, she currently runs a business specializing in photography and design.
breakfast & poetry enthusiast