5 Shows to Watch When You Are Going Through A Post Series Depression   

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

1. Velvet   

This TV show is the hidden gem of Netflix. Velvet is a modern soap opera from Spain based in the 50’s and 60’s, and yes, it’s in Spanish. Don’t worry, there are subtitles that you can enable on netflix and it’s still AMAZING. The show is about a department store called “Las Galerias Velvet” where the ~attractive~ characters go through a whirlwind of drama. Each episode is an hour and half long, perfect for a TV binge watcher like me. Netflix has the first three seasons and the fourth season in on TV in Spain right now.  

2.  The Office

The office is personally my favorite comedy that has ever been on television, and trust me I watch A LOT of it. This show is guaranteed to make you die of laughter every episode you watch. Michael Scott, played by Steve Carrell, is the most hilarious character on the show and I can’t begin to tell you how attached I became to this character. The Office takes place at “Dunder Mifflin” a paper company office, where the intricate characters work. This show made me laugh, cry (more like sob), and scream at the same time and when it’s over you are gonna have to start a new show right away because the Post Show Depression will be REAL.  

3. Friends

FRIENDS is a television classic and if you still haven’t watched this show honestly what is wrong with you. The show is about six friends who basically live together in NYC. I promise you after watching this show you will learn to love every single character and their mannerisms. Their friendship is the cutest thing and the comedy aspect of this show is everything. You’ll laugh and you’ll cry but most of all you’ll want to be an adult living in NYC and desperately want to be a part of their friend group.

4. Gilmore Girls

I was a skeptic of this show for a very long time. When I was a kid and would try to watch Full House on ABC Family this show would always be on. I was conditioned to hate it before even watching it and that was the biggest mistake ever. I was actually angry at myself for not watching Gilmore Girls sooner considering it was amazing. Once I started I could not stop and becoming Rory, one of the main characters, was my ultimate goal. The show is about a mother daughter duo living in the small town of Stars Hollow where everyone knows what happening at all times and it’s so small that everyone knows each other. Ive rewatched this show a total of 5 times and everytime it’s over I bawl my eyes out. The Gilmore Girls revival is coming in November and will feature 4 new hour and half episodes representing each season. I can’t wait considering it’s going to be the best day of my life (pathetic i know) !!!!  

5. LOST

Whoever created Lost is a true genius. Every episode was an absolute shocker and the last episode relates to the very first episode, meaning the writers had to know what was gonna happen since the beginning on the show! You are gonna have to google a lot of stuff throughout  because it honestly gets super confusing , but the twists and turns are what make this show so special. You don’t have to love Sci Fi tv to watch LOST and watching this show with a buddy makes the scary parts not so scary. You’ll also find yourself quoting this show a TON and probably get yelled at by your friends for not shutting up about it. The show gets extremely emotional and by the end of the show you’re gonna feel like you were on that island the whole time.

Rachel is a junior in Olin Business School at Washington University in St. Louis. When she's not using her status as a twin as her obvious fun fact, she'll probably tell you that she loves photography, concerts, travel, Buzzfeed, and slaving over clever Instagram captions.
Lizzie is a sophomore, majoring in Film and Poli Sci at Wash U. She loves sloths, pizza, Tina Fey, and pizza!