5 Reasons You Should Watch (Or Still Be Watching) Grey’s Anatomy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

With the 300th episode of Grey’s Anatomy airing Thursday, November 9th (shameless plug) I realized that this spectacular show has been running for 12 years. Now people, 12 years is more than half of my life. I have been watching this show since the 4th grade and have stuck with it since. I know what you are thinking.  4th grade is absurdly young to have started watching a show about sexy doctors, but my mom was addicted and I somehow convinced her its was okay for me to watch with her. After that I never looked back. Greys is the OG and if you have never seen an episode I highly suggest you do ASAP. Here are 5 reasons why you need to quit watching any other trash tv show you are currently binge watching and switch to Greys.

#1 Sexy Doctors

Need I say more? Legit every character in this TV show is beautiful. Not only are they crazy smart but they are ALWAYS put together, even after they have performed a 20 hour surgery or have been awake for 2 days straight. Mcdreamy and Mcsteamy didn’t get those nicknames for nothing people!!

#2 The Guest Stars

You know those celebs that you just can’t ever name but you see guest starring in every tv show? Well Greys has one of those in every episode. Not only is it amazing to see what D-list celeb is going to be brought into the ER, Grey’s has had some pretty iconic actors on its show. Mandy Moore, Sarah Paulson, Mae Whitman,Christina Ricci,Millie Bobby Brown, Abigail Breslin, and Elisabeth Moss are some examples of the people who have played characters on the show.  

#3 The Insane Medical Cases / Drama

This show is FULL of drama; Sometimes it’s relatable drama that hits you right in the feels, and other times it’s the most absurd and unrelatable drama, but Grey’s always keeps you on your toes. By the end of every episode you are going to be wishing you were a super surgeon.

#4 Meredith and Derek’s Relationship

Meredith and Derek are the most iconic TV couple and are half the reason I watch this show. Ill leave it at that.

#5 It Just Never Gets Old

No matter how many times you rewatch an episode , the show truly never gets old. I means its on its 14th season and it’s still the most watched TV show on ABC. So go watch right now! You won’t regret it, I promise. In fact all this Greys talk is making me v sentimental so i’m gonna go rewatch from the beginning. BYE

by Laura Palacino

gifs: giphy.com

Washington University Class of 2019. College of arts and sciences, Psychology major with a minor in Design