Wellness > Sex + Relationships

5 Games To Play Over Zoom During Winter Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Now that winter break is fast approaching, it is time to consider once again how to interact with people long distance or at home in a socially distanced way. Here is a list of games that I think work really well over Zoom.

1. Secret Hitler

Don’t be perturbed by the name as I was. It definitely should consider a retitle but the game itself is amazing fun. Everyone is assigned to be either a facist, a liberal, or Hitler and the object if you are a liberal is to determine who the fascists are and eliminate them. If you are Hitler or the fascists, you must sabotage the game. There’s a bit more to it than that. It gets quite heated. You get to learn how well your friends can lie. 

You can check it out on several websites for free. 

https://private.secrethitler.io/observe/

https://secret-hitler.com/

1. Quiplash

This is a Jackbox game and is thus not free but if you get a group together it will only cost each person a dollar or so and be a lifetime of fun. You are given the same prompt as one other person for which you come up with the best answer you can think of. Then, everyone votes for the best answer. This game can steer into the downright ridiculous but is amazing because of it.

1. Among Us

Whether or not you have played this game, you have probably heard the hype over it. You are either a crewmate trying to complete your tasks, remove the imposter, and survive or you are the imposter trying to sabotage and murder. This like Secret Hitler is a game of betrayal and can get very heated in the best way. You can play this for free on your phone or buy it on your computer.

1. Drawful

Once again, a Jackbox game. I’m pretty sure there’s a way to purchase Quiplash and Drawful together for a discounted price though but do not hold me to this. In this game, each player is given a prompt they must draw. Then, their picture comes across the screen and everyone has to guess what it is. Everyone’s guesses then come up and you try to figure out which description was the actual prompt for the drawing. Some of the prompts are quite strange so it is really hard. You also get to vote for the funniest guesses.

1. Uno

I don’t think I need much more of an explanation for this one. I play some pretty weird rules with my friends for Uno which I can’t really do online unfortunately but the heart of the game is still there. There are several websites you can play online for free if you just Google Uno or if you have an iPhone you can just use Crazy 8 on iMessage but call each other to add the necessary yelling atm

Sammi Fremont is a freshman at WashU intending to major in environmental analysis and comparative literature.