This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Now that it’s warm(ish), here are 5 fun things to do outside in St. Louis

1. Go to the zoo! It’s within walking distance of WashU’s campus and is free for the public. I recommend making a reservation beforehand, but it’s a perfect Saturday afternoon activity (or really any day).

2. Grab brunch with your friends! Meshuggah, Half and Half, and Cafe Osage all have outdoor seating and are delicious. Meshuggah’s location on the loop is super convenient, and Half and Half and Cafe Osage are just a short drive away.

3. Take cute photos at the base of the arch! Visiting the iconic arch is on everyone’s St. Louis bucket list. Even if you’re too scared to ride up, it’s fun to admire its magnitude and beauty from the ground.

4. Get Jeni’s or Clementine’s ice cream and take a stroll around their neighborhoods! Jeni’s is located in Central West End and Clementine’s is on De Mun Ave just south of campus. Both shops have a wide range of unique flavors—you can’t go wrong!

5. Go to the Missouri Botanical Gardens! It’s beautiful, not too pricey, and fun to visit any time of year. Like the zoo, you can get your tickets online in advance.

Hi I'm Katie, a Sophomore at WashU majoring in PNP.
We are WashU's Her Campus site designed for collegiettes here on campus.