5 Easy Transition Looks From Summer to Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

It’s that confusing time of year once again, ladies: the calendar reads “fall” but the temperature still screams “summer.” Are you ready to swap your flip-flops for those shin-high boots? Are you ready to pack up your short-shorts and tanks and whip out your skinnies and jackets? Maybe you don’t have to! Here’s 5 ways to rock your summer and fall pieces TOGETHER!

1. Toss a Jean Jacket Over That Summer Dress!

Everyone loves a good collaboration! Look at Jay Z and Kanye, Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran, Beyonce and… well anybody!  Why not take this collaborative effort to your closet? Throw this autumn staple over your favorite sundress and watch the leaves change colors while still eating froyo.

2. Dress up those shorts with a cardi!

Jean shorts look great with everything….even your fall cardigan. A classic cardi will take your daisy-dukes from a midsummer standard to midterm attire. Plus this tossed together look will look effortless and cozy at the same time. It might just get you a new study buddy!

3. Who Said Boots Can Only Go With Skinnies?

Although boots are usually found permanently attached to the ends of dark-wash skinnies in the fall, they can be worn with virtually anything! Btw: rocking boots with shorts or skirts is a great way to show some leg (you know the ones you earned hustling across campus.)

4. Time for Tights!

Look, I understand. I’m not ready to push my shorts to the back of the drawer either. And the idea of wearing pants everyday sounds worse than Chem Lab (okay, maybe not that bad). Luckily for us all, tights are a way to keep warm when the breeze picks up, while keeping your style versatile. You can go with the classic black tights (and the slimming effect that comes with them) or mix it up with a pop of color or a fun pattern. Your choice!

5.     Break the Rules!

Go ahead and do it! You know you’ve always wanted to! No one will judge you…if you wear white after Labor Day! Rules are meant to be broken. Dress that white up with the different shades of autumn and strut like the risk-taker you were born to be.