5 Apps You Need To Download Today

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

When you’re a college student, a smartphone can easily become a necessity, especially while navigating the hectic lifestyle that is WashU. Take advantage of your phone and download these five seriously helpful apps to get ahead in class, and in life. They’re definitely worth a little less space on your phone.

1. Evernote:

Get ready to never lose notes again. This organizational app will do wonders for your academic life by keeping all of your crap in check and making it easily accessible wherever you go, across multiple platforms. You can use this application to take notes, record voice reminders, take photos, and create to-do lists then open those same notes, reminders, and photos on your computer, phone, or tablet for free! Basically a college student’s new best friend.

2. Into the Dead:

Forget Candy Crush, this game will be your most addicting phone app yet. Run through fields, forests, and more while attempting to outmaneuver approaching flesh-eating zombies with power-ups and a faithful dog at your side. I will warn you though, this game can get seriously addicting. There’s a good possibility that if you’re the competitive type, you might want to hold off on downloading this app until finals week is over. On a side note, if outrunning zombies isn’t your thing, Jetpack Joyride gives the exact same thrill with a lot less creepiness. Plus you get to high five miniature scientists. Score!

3. Beautylish:

This app is perfect for girls that can’t live without their makeup; it gives you the newest beauty trends while providing you with useful makeup tips and opportunities to shop for the products they use. And it doesn’t stop at just makeup. You can use this app for hair and nail inspiration too for those days when you’re feeling creative but don’t know exactly what you want to do.

4. TuneIn radio:

Literally everyone and his/her mom use Pandora. That’s not the only way to get your music fix. Get ahead of the curve with TuneIn, a radio that includes news, talk, comedy, and sports streaming along with your favorite music of course. Start a movement: you’ll be a definite trendsetter.

5. WordReference:

If you’re taking a language, this is a great way to translate the words you need. It gives you connotations for every word and the situations to best use them in along with example sentences, so no more embarrassing misuse of words. It’s a great reference – and if you need conjugations as well, the website is always a good backup.