This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

13 Weekend Night-In Schedule Ideas

Weekend nights look different now, but that doesn’t mean you don’t need time to relax.  Here are some new “schedules” you can follow or mix and match to have a fun night in.

1. Movie Night

Make sure to make some popcorn and watch a new movie.  You can even watch it virtually with your friends through Netflix Party.

2.   Spa Night

Put on a face mask and paint your nails.  Bonus points if you watch a YouTube tutorial and try to learn nail art.

3.   Baking Championship

Baking is always a good idea.  If you haven’t made banana bread yet, now is the time.  Try out a bunch of new recipes and your house will smell amazing.  For extra fun have a decorating or baking competition with your family.  

4.   Chef’in + Music

Try out a new recipe and cook dinner for your family/ yourself.  Put on your favorite Spotify playlist while you cook for some extra relaxation.  Get fancy with the plating, or just make everything a mess as long as it tastes good.

5.   Virtual Game Night

There are so many games you can play virtually with your friends.  Get your group together over FaceTime and download an app or go to the internet.  Psych, PhotoRoullete, Cards Against Humanity online are a few fun ones that I’ve tried out, but there are many options.

6.   Bonfire

Use the fireplace in your house or an outdoor fire pit to roast some marshmallows and hotdogs.

7.   Happy Hour

Try out a tutorial for mixed drinks – from salt-lined tropical drinks to fancy hot chocolate.

8.   Formal Dinner In + Takeout

Make your entire family dress up for a special occasion: makeup, hair, and formal attire.  Order a pizza or other restaurant takeout for a catered affair.

9.   Virtual Fun Presentations

Don’t worry, not at all like class presentations.  Groups of friends can make presentations to present their own most embarrassing stories, random conspiracy theories, their most noteworthy crushes through the years, or presentations about another friend.

10.       Family Presentation Night

Try that viral Tik Tok trend and make your entire family create funny presentations for other family members to present.  Maybe it’s actually fun!  Please let me know.

11.       Book + Bath bomb

You all know you have a random bath bomb somewhere in your house that you got in 7th grade but never used.  Well, now’s the time to try it out.  And while you’re at it, find a book in your house or download a new book on your phone or Kindle.

12.       Coloring + Blanket

Print out a coloring page, mount it on a clipboard, grab some colored pencils, and get cozy beneath a blanket.

13.       Throwback Night

Watch all of your classic old favorite TV shows and movies.  High School Musical and Suite Life of Zack and Cody would be my go-to’s, but there are so many options.

Hi! I'm Carly :) I'm a sophomore at Washington University in St. Louis studying marketing and finance. When I'm not in class, you can find me dancing, watching Netflix, baking, and spending time with friends and family.
Jess Greene

Washington '22

Wash U Class of 2022, double major in Psychology and Marketing