Saga International Balloon Festa

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waseda chapter.

Earlier this month, I attended 22nd FAI World Hot Air Balloon Championship in Saga. For those of you who are not familiar with the location of Saga, it is one of the prefectures in Kyushu, Japan. My grandparents who live in Saga had always suggested in going as they have it every year around this time. I finally had the chance to go this year and I can honestly say it was one of the most amazing experiences in my life! Around 100 balloons float up in the air from Kase River as they brighten up the sky. The beautiful view is surreal as it is, but the game is also exciting. Participants are from all over the world and they compete to throw a flag from the hot air balloon. Whoever gets the flag closest to the X wins! The only thing is that they have it at 6 am in the morning. They also have the afternoon competition, but they usually cancel because of the wind. But, I certainly recommend in going even if you are not a morning person! Here are some of the snapshots from the festival.

When pigs fly…♡