Five Fall Footwear We Love!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waseda chapter.

Crisp weather, cool breeze, Pumpkin Spice Lattes…yes, make no mistake, sweater weather is officially here! Autumn has always been everyone’s favorite season, especially when it comes to fashion. With its warm afternoons and chilly nights, fall is definitely the season for trendsetters to truly showcase their fashion sense by experimenting with layering and different textures. And let’s face it, no outfit is complete without the perfect pair of shoes. Here is our list of five essential fall footwear that you must have for all your #ootds this season! 

Pumps

A pair of pumps is a must in every collegiette’s shoe closet. They’re timeless, feminine, and instantly add elegance to any outfit. Rock a retro look by pairing pumps with socks or channel your inner Audrey Hepburn and wear them with a classic little black dress.

Ankle Boots

Boots are THE footwear for fall and can make or break an outfit. Combine a pair of lace up ankle boots with knee high socks and a skirt for a feminine and girly look. If you’re more into effortlessly cool looks, a knit sweater, high waist shorts, and a pair of Doc Martens is the perfect effortless look for this season. Or go classic – a chic little trench coat with some skinny jeans!

Knee high boots

A crowd favorite and a permanent fixture of the Japanese oh-so-kawaii fashion scene, knee-high boots can make your legs appear longer and slimmer! Not to mention that it’s a great and fashionable way to stay warm in the cold. They can be worn with skirts, dresses, shorts, and jeans, which makes them oh-so-versatile. For a classic vibe, suede boots make outfits look polished and chic. For an edgy or sexy look, black leather boots or lace-up boots are the way to go. 

Oxford shoes/loafers  

Borrowing a style from the boys, these “menswear” inspired shoes go so well together with the darker hues of the season. For a smart and preppy look, add a pair of oxford shoes with a collared shirt, cardigan, and pleated skirt. A pair of loafers with high waist pants and a tucked-in long sleeve sweater will ensure you’re the coolest girl on the block!

Sneakers

The statement “beauty is pain” couldn’t be further from the truth, especially with awesomely cute sneakers! Who says you can’t have both style and comfort? Sneakers are the perfect shoes to wear on 紅葉 (autumn-leaf viewing) dates where you have to walk for long periods of time. For a casual and effortless look, pair sneakers like Vans or New Balance with a beanie, sweater, and skinny jeans.

Photo Credits:

runway-webstore.com

envym-store.jp

rirandture.jp