This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waseda chapter.
We will be doing a short travel series in this chapter for the coming week where we recommend a variety of places you should check out and visit! (Please keep in mind that you should be planning these travels for the future – it is a way to feel excited and have something to look forward to! If you do choose to go out now and there are no strict regulations in your city, please keep yourself and others safe by wearing a mask, sanitizing, washing your hands frequenetly, and doing your best to social distance)

Mercer Brunch Terrace House Tokyo – Shibuya 

This restaurant has an unbeatable aesthetic that makes the food taste ten times better – which is a lot, considering how great the food is to begin with. For a brunch special, you can have the brioche French toast on its own for 1300 yen, but for an extra 500yen (1800 total), you can choose between three plates that are all salmon and egg based, and they each come with two pieces of brioche French toast.  You can also choose to get a skillet or a salad! 

*There are multiple branches of this restaurant with exclusive menu options! 

Buvette – Tokyo Midtown

Having brunch here will make you feel like you you’re living the fine, lavish life because of how classy and fancy this restaurant is! Buvette is definitely inspired by European traditions and aesthetic, as it also “combines the elegance of an old world café with the casual nature of a neighborhood eatery”. It has a special brunch menu that includes nutella crepes, fine crossaints, scones, waffles, salads, and so much more. 

Clinton st. Baking Company – Minato City  

You can definitely feel the New York aesthetic in this one! A very classy and international atmosphere with a fun menu that includes brioche French toast, pancakes, Spanish scramble, eggs benedict, fried chicken & waffles and more! This place is known especially for their yummy pancakes! 

Eggcelent – Roppongi 

The name of this place says it all – a restaurant that whips up excellent dishes, all using eggs! You can have your eggs any way you like it, and add toppings like dived avocado or bacon for an extra extra charge as well. There are egg Benedict sets available, as well as plate sets available from 11AM. The eggcelent plate set includes original benedict, pancakes, yogurt, salad, and deli. The Health Combo set includes a main dish, two delis, organic egg, organic yogurt, salad, and brown rice. With addition to the sweets that are available, such as granola fruits yogurt, banana bread, or egg tarts, there are three varieties of pancakes also available on the menu – original eggcellent pancakes, coconut pancakes, and granola yogurt pancakes. From farm milks, special smoothies, and your classic coffees, this restaurant also offers a wide range of drinks as well. 

Buttermilk Channel – Harajuku 

Because this is a branch from Brooklyn, it has a very comfortable and classic vibe to it! Available from 11AM, the menu includes a pecan pie sundae, pecan pie french toast, special variations of scrambled eggs, and of course, buttermilk pancakes!

Glorious Chain Cafe – Shibuya 

Located right in downtown Shibuya, this restaurant offers a brunch menu from 11:30AM with a wide range of dishes. Sandwiches, cheesesteaks, pancakes, egg benedicts, curry, salads – this place truly has it all! The aesthetic is indeed glorious! Spacious and a very relaxing vibe. 

Le Pain Quotidien – multiple locations including Shinjuku and Tokyo Midtown

This Belgian bakery-restaurant has quite the elegant boulangerie (bakery) which can make brunch very exciting, delicious, and filling. The oppulent menu includes eggs benedict, smoked salmon omelettes, a range of tartines (open sandwiches), granola parfaits, and multiple omelette options such as goat cheese and mushroom omelettes!

Ivy Place – Daikanyama

A fancy restaurant that will give you the full brunch experience, as they serve items such as “smoked salmon and campagne tartine with scrambled eggs”. Here, you wouldn’t just be getting a simple, little omelette – no. You would be getting a Manchego cheese omelette with Spanish pepper, eggplant and tomato sauce! The menu here also includes a variety of bread options (including whole wheat and gluten free options!), with homemade jam and whipped butter – all for 500 yen!