timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Jams Singles Totally Need during Valentine’s Day Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Waseda chapter.

March 14th – Why in the world do people celebrate White Day in Japan? I thought Valentine’s Day was already gone… I hear you, single people; probably you are feeling either jealous or nonchalant when you see a cute guy buying his girlfriend a nice box of chocolate or a couple enjoying their romantic dinner after work. The best way for me to pass 2/14 and 3/14 is to simply listen to music and watch performances of artists that you admire as your valentine. Below are five different song suggestions from four different cultures that can get singles to feel happier on this day.

1. Having a secret crush: “Beautiful” by Crush

No pun intended here. As a theme song from the extremely popular 2016 Korean drama “Guardian”, the lyrics perfectly describe your feelings when you have a crush on a guy; merely standing by his side makes you feel happy and satisfied.

2. When you say yes: “Wherever You Are” by ONE OK ROCK

As one of this band’s most successful hits, this 2010 song is still ranked No.2 on the Japan music charts today. This touching song does not only apply to entering a relationship but also speaks somewhat towards strong friendships. Wherever you are, I’m always by your side.

3. Sweet moments to cherish: “Perfect -duet version-” by Ed Sheeran and Beyoncé

Now I know I have met an angel in person, and she looks perfect. From Ed’s latest album, this global hit is well-known as a sweet love song; cherish your happy moments in life with this song, just as if you were in a loving relationship or honeymoon. I especially like this song’s duet version with Beyoncé.

4. Time to apologize: “Sugar” by Maroon 5

I’m right here, ‘cuz I need, little love and little sympathy. The unforgettable music video of this song takes place in various weddings as a pleasant surprise, and you can always expect great songs from Maroon 5. Having a fight with your partner and want to say sorry? This is the best jam for you.

5. Every day is Valentine’s Day: “A Song for You Till the End of Time” by JJ Lin

Even though the world changes, I will still love you the same as day 1. I definitely had to put in my super idol’s adorable love song from 2016; in this album, JJ experiments with music as a creative pioneer and when you hear this song with your earphones, it seems as if JJ is singing and whispering cute words right next to you.

Hope you feel happy through listening to these amazing songs and go ahead and have all the chocolate and desserts that you deserve on this Valentine’s Day season!

(Image source: Always Ladies)

KPop overdose 24/7, amateur foodie, NBA addict, and ambivert Taiwanese International.