timothee chalamet in dune part two
timothee chalamet in dune part two
Niko Tavernise / Warner Bros

How I Accidentally Saw Timothée Chalamet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Warwick chapter.

On a day trip to London, my friend and I were celebrating Galentine’s Day with a plan of visiting the Battersea Power Station as well as exploring London in general. Little did we know, when we were on our way to the Wetherspoons in Leicester Square, we would accidentally bump into the A-list celebrity Timothée Chalamet, alongside other celebrities.

But how did we actually see him?

We planned to see the Battersea Power Station and ponder around London. The whole day, we were joking about the potential of seeing a famous person, not actually thinking we would see anyone of the sort. Until we made our way to Leicester Square. Once we arrived, we saw that the landmark was closed off for an event with swarms of crowds around the area. The area in question had torches of fire surrounding the venue, a stage, red carpets, photographers, and the like, looking extremely official. Standing in a state of confusion, we looked up at a screen saying: Dune: Part II, World Premier. After connecting the dots, our stomachs dropped and our jokes came true; we were going to accidentally see the entire cast of Dune: Part II. This cast includes Zendaya, Florence Pugh, Austin Butler, Anya Taylor-Joy, and of course Timothée Chalamet. Now, Timothée Chalamet is one of my favourite actors of all time so I was immensely overwhelmed at the thought of seeing him, as well as the rest of the brilliant cast, making this an experience I will never forget.

The dune: Part ii premier

The cast came out one by one, starting with the wonderful Florence Pugh (who is one of my favourite actors as well as Timothée), playing Princess Irulan in the film, draped in a brown sequinned custom-made Valentino hooded gown with a plunging neckline, matched with bracelet cuffs around her wrists. She was stunning and I still cannot believe that we saw her.

Next came Austin Butler, followed by an eruption of screams from fans, as well as from myself and my friend. Playing the villain Feyd-Rautha, Austin Butler was wearing a Gucci suit, and looking extremely suave. This outfit was a white top with a black suit jacket which cascaded down his body, touching the floor, with a baggy pair of black suit trousers, as well as some heels. Iconic and sleek. 10/10.

In a surprise cast member reveal, we saw Anya Taylor-Joy looking gorgeous. She was wearing a white, plunging neckline Dior dress accompanied by a sheer hood, complimented by a red lip. The whole look was beautiful and she looked radiant.

As much as we would have loved to see Zendaya, playing the character Chani, we had to leave before her arrival to get home on time. However, she was wearing the most gorgeous outfit of the whole night, in my opinion. She wore an incredible vintage look from Mugler’s Autumn/Winter 1995 ‘Cirque d’hiver’ 20th anniversary collection archive. The piece was a chrome suit of armour with clear panels across the body. She looked magnificent and I wish we could have seen the outfit in person before we ran out of time.

Having said this, we did have time to see protagonist Paul Atreides, played by Timothée Chalamet, wearing an oversized black t-shirt with a pair of silver Haider Ackermann trousers. Although underdressed compared to Zendaya, he looked incredible and handsome, as per. Fans erupted into cheers, screams, tears, and my friend and I were no exception.

Living with the fact that I’ve seen timothée Chalamet

I still cannot believe that we managed to see the whole cast of Dune: Part II by accident. It was an extremely funny, unexpected, overwhelming experience that neither myself nor my friend will ever forget. It was one of the best coincidences that could have happened that day, especially after joking about potentially seeing a celebrity for the whole day.

Hiya, I’m Stephanie, but call me Steph! I study Sociology and Criminology as the University of Warwick and am in my second year. I look forward to writing articles for Her Campus! I have a multiple of interests ranging from crochet to the political climate to music, so it’s safe to say I’ll have loads of different topics to write about!