This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

One can never be too late to the game. This past week, I bit the bullet and started episode one of Game of Thrones. Outside influences can shape people’s opinions, but I was unscathed by the GOT clout: the endless amount of costumes, celebrity Instagram posts, and party themes. My friends planned watching parties each Sunday night and scheduled their weekend around the airing of each episode. I never had a strong desire to start the series and didn’t feel like I was missing out. 

I found myself in bed early in the night wanting to start a new series. My suitemate suggested Game of Thrones and I immediately turned the idea down. I had a stigma against the series due to the constant discussion and hype, almost like a song overplayed on the radio. After scrolling through Netflix for ten minutes and having no success, I decided to start GOT on HBO. I hate to admit it, but I was immediately hooked. I shouldn’t be surprised. After all, I love Harry Potter and the Percy Jackson series. I look forward to the nights when I don’t have work and watch the drama unfold between the noble families. 

Never think that you’re too late to a trend. It’s more relaxing to enjoy the trend in your own way and talk to others about it on your own schedule. If you’re thinking about watching an old TV series, buying a pair of old-fashioned jeans, or anything of that nature, bite the bullet and see if you like it. 

Sarah Kate Massey

Wake Forest '22

I'm an incoming sophomore at Wake Forest, starting to look for roles in the financial industry. As an intended finance major, I'm fascinated by the strategies firms employ to attain capital for others and manage corporations' and individuals' finances. I love everything that Her Campus stands for: the community, the independence, and the individuality. This community is a great creative outlet and an amazing way to strengthen writing skills and critical thinking.
Claire Fletcher

Wake Forest '20

Mathematical Business Major at Wake Forest University