What You Missed this Week in News:

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Have you been so busy with #WorkForest that you have not had any time to keep up with the news? Here are some tidbits from this past week to keep you updated and in the know.

Where is your head at?! A new book came out this week, End of Days: The Assassination of John F. Kennedy, which gives light to a new conspiracy theory that President JFK was not buried with his brain. The author, James Swanson, claims that the brain was taken before the President was buried in order to hide the fact that he was shot from the front, and not the back. This would mean there was a conspiracy to assassinate JFK and it was not in fact Lee Harvey Oswald who did the killing.  

Obamacare – what’s up with that? The President’s legacy has had yet another rough week, plagued by website glitches and problems. Many people that have tried to sign up for healthcare have been unable to, leaving many American citizens unhappy with the landmark legislation. President Obama claims it will be solved by a “tech surge” with the nation’s best contributing to fix the website, healthcare.gov. Republicans and Democrats are still arguing over Obamacare and it is not a good time to be experiencing these tech problems. Time will tell what happens, but if the website isn’t improved, the Affordable Care Act may fall apart.

Dronesin’ on. This week Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch released reports that call the United States’ drone policy into question. There have been issues specifically in Yemen and Pakistan with innocent civilians killed. Although drones have helped with eliminating terrorists in the region, there is a fine line that has been crossed multiple times with putting civilians’ lives at risk. Drone policy in the United States is not very well regulated and these investigations may produce changes.

Prince Georgey. This week Prince George was christened in a private ceremony, in the same chapel where Princess Dianna was laid to rest. Prince George was christened three months after his birth, a great day for the Windsor family.

Kimye back at it again. Kanye West proposed to baby mamma Kim Kardashian this week, for her third time. All we know is, the rock is big.

*Image from The Washington Post 

Don’t wake me up (because I’m in jail).  Earlier today singer Chris Brown was arrested outside of a Washington, D.C. hotel and charged with a felony assault. Brown and Christopher Hollosy were alledgedly involved in a physical altercation with an unidentified man. The two men will remain in custody until a Monday court appearance. The unidentified man was sent to the hospital and eventually released. This incident comes after many violent ones that Chris Brown has been involved with.

Cassie Brown

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for Campus Cutie. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Journalism and Communication. Expected graduation in May 2014.