Wake 101: Find Your Fab Football Fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

As the summer sun sets, the BB&T lights blaze on awaking the Demons to their first fall win against Presbyterian and our football season wardrobes to terrific tailgating times to come.

When getting ready to support our Deacs, I try to stick to the three main “S”’s – sweet, sassy, and spirited!

To add a dash of sweetness to any football ensemble, you can never go wrong with a bow or ribbon tied in your hair to perfection. (Make it old gold and/or black to sprinkle in an extra bit of spirit if you’d like!) Sunglasses can also pump up your girly sweetness not only by being your best weapon against the sly end of summer sun but your cutest accessory in pictures – don’t leave your dorm without them!

The color of your dress is like the color of icing on your birthday cake – always choose your favorite or what will make you the most happy, because, after all, beauty shines brightest from the inside out. Never feel as though you must go with what the crowd is wearing. A traditional old gold or black dress is just as stylish as your best and brightest Lilly dress. A white dress with old gold and black jewelry or any brightly colored statement necklace is always quite trendy, too! Mix it up and try new outfit ideas every game day.

Spoon in that bit of sass with some fiery footwear; rock them wedges tall and proud as long as you can ensure no wobbling mishaps. Or kick on those cowboy boots to compliment your hair bow for that sugar&spice and everything nice head-to-toe mix.

If you love sporting your stellar Screamin’ Demons t-shirt, you, my friend, have already got the doze of spirit, and my final ‘S’ down pat!

However, whether you are in your Demon Deacon best, or a dress that stands out above the rest, no one is fully dressed without a gold pompom to put your cheering spirit to the test.  Make sure you grab one for free as you get your wristband upon making your stylish entrance into the stadium, and, most importantly, collegiettes, have a blast!

Go Deacs! :)
Cassie Brown

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for Campus Cutie. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Journalism and Communication. Expected graduation in May 2014.