Valentine’s Day Dining: 5 Romantic Restaurants in Winston-Salem

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

If you’re planning on spending Valentine’s Day with that special someone, or maybe celebrating your single status with a group of friends (don’t be ashamed, we’ve all done it), you’ve got to make sure it’s a fabulous night. Flowers, chocolates, or romantic movie watching sprees are classic ways to celebrate, but what better way to start the night off than with a meal at one of Winston-Salem’s chic and affordable restaurants? 

While the new Bistro ‘34 is great, Valentine’s Day is a day to break away from campus, indulge and to try something new. Places like Ise and La Carreta are go-to’s for almost every Wake student, so you’ll want something that’s tasty and more private. I’ve selected some of the best restaurants around town, some of which have Valentine’s Day specials.  Explore their menus online and try something new! It’s a busy night so don’t forget to make reservations!

WS Prime Restaurant

This restaurant features a little of everything but prides itself on its steaks and seafood.  Some of its tasty items on the menu include appetizers such as flatbreads and sautéed crab cakes, while popular entrée items include Rib-eye steak and salmon dishes. Some entrées are a bit pricey but you will find it an overall delicious experience. They also have a prix fixe four course Valentine’s dinner for two that is available on the menu from February 13th to 15th.

425 North Cherry Street | 336.722.5232 | wsprimerestaurant.com

*Images from wsprimerestaurant.com 

Mozelle’s Fresh Southern Bistro

In the mood for a little Southern cooking? Mozelle’s has a wide selection of everything South-made from the freshest ingredients. If you’re looking for a gourmet twist on shrimp and grits or fried chicken, this is a great choice. They also offer a prix fixe Valentine’s Day menu with five courses that look to die for…

878 W 4th St. | 336.703.5400 | mozelles.com

*Images from mozelles.com

Fratellis Italian Steakhouse

You’ve probably passed this driving up the road on Reynolda many times. Fratellis offers pizza and pasta dishes as any Italian restaurant would. However, it also offers a wide variety of steaks and burgers. If you want to go somewhere close that has a great atmosphere, this is the perfect place.

2000 Reynolda Road | 336.448.1704 | fratellis-steakhouse.com

*Image from fratellis-steakhouse.com

6th & Vine

For some of the best baked brie you’ve ever eaten, delicious salads, and flatbread pizzas paired with a great glass of wine head to 6th and Vine. Their intimate atmosphere is perfect for a date and their amazing appetizers are the best for sharing with friends

209 W 6th St | 336.725.5577 | 6thandvine.com

*Image from indieshopography.com 

Spring House Restaurant Kitchen and Bar

This restaurant is located in the Bahnson House, a former 1920 mansion on Spring Street.  A wide variety of gourmet dishes in a formal setting might make the evening especially romantic. A four course Valentine’s dinner is available as well as couple cooking classes.

450 N. Spring St. | 336.293.4797 | springhousenc.com

*Image from springhousenc.com

Corey Bloes

Wake Forest

I double majoring in Communication and Spanish at Wake Forest University and write for the News and Blog sections.
Cassie Brown

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for Campus Cutie. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Journalism and Communication. Expected graduation in May 2014.