Universally Relevant: A Walk Among the Tombstones

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

If you can answer yes to these three questions, the new Her Campus Universally Relevant blog will interest you.

1. Do you often find yourself surfing IMDB and/or quizzing your actor knowledge with the website?
  2. Are you interested in the new and upcoming movies or television shows that can facilitate in your procrastination?
  3. Do you like receiving movie or television paraphernalia FO FREE?

Photo from. Insidethemagic.net.

For those of you that continued reading, get excited, because this year on Wake Forest campus you have yourself a dedicated and self-professed entertainment nerd. As NBC/Universal Marketing Representative, I am tasked with bringing you fine people the latest details of all NBC or Universal projects. What does that include? In the past students have received prize pack giveaways that included everything from t-shirts to free DVDs. One of the most exciting perks of having an on-campus representative is the free pre-screenings held on campus. Previous films include Pitch Perfect, Lone Survivor and Neighbors – all of which were shown on campus for free, and months before the release date! This blog will serve as the direct source of information for any and all projects that are being promoted around campus.

Most recently, you may have been seeing posters for the crime drama entitled A Walk Among the Tombstones. If seeing Liam Neeson in yet another badass, but totally awesome role doesn’t make you want to inherently see it, I’m here to give you the lowdown on what I expect to be an engrossing and frightening film. The film, based on Lawrence Block’s bestselling series of mystery novels, stars Liam Neeson as Matt Scudder as an ex-NYPD cop who now works as an unlicensed private investigator. When Scudder reluctantly agrees to help a heroin trafficker (Dan Stevens, Downtown Abbey) hunt and kill the men who kidnapped and then brutally murdered his wife, the PI learns that these twisted crimes were mediated, specified and certainly not the last. Check out the trailer here!

Photo courtesy of NBCUniversal.

The film officially hits theatres, this Friday, September 19th. However, if you’re like me and don’t want to wait like an inexperienced movie goob, The Grand 18 movie theatre is hosting a special Thursday showtime at 8 PM.

Keep reading Her Campus’ Universally Relevant blog to stay in the loop about exciting promotions to come on campus!

Want instant access to all things Universally Relevant? Like the Facebook page or follow the Twitter @NBCUniversalWFU or Instagram WFUniversal Pictures. 

Lauren Friezo

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for News and Content Uploader. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Entrepreneurship and Social Enterprise and Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies. Expected graduation in May 2015.