Trump’s Next Move in the Russia Investigation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

This past Monday, President Trump released a statement to the public concerning his action to declassify the FBI’s investigation of Russia’s possible action in the 2016 presidential election. A warrant was renewed to look into the former campaign aide: Carter Page. Out of the several hundred pages that Foreign Intelligence Service Act (FISA) had court orders for, several pages will deal directly with the possible efforts to influence the election.

This notion has been quite the surprise and gained much controversy from the Democratic and Republican side of Washington since Trump has gained a reputation of having tension with the FBI and other law enforcement. Many Conservatives are pleased with the President’s actions such as North Carolina’s Representative Mark Meadows. Dan Coats, the Director of National Intelligence has been receiving multiple letters from top Democrats that are conveying concern for Trump’s actions and its possible repercussions: revealing intelligence sources. While many might be thinking this was a long time coming, multiple members of the Committee of Congress have pushed for this action. Trump claimed on Monday that his main goal is transparency with the American People.

Source: http://time.com/5353826/donald-trump-taxes-finances-emoluments-trial/​

Currently a freshman at Wake Forest University, and from Demarest, New Jersey. Has an unhealthy obsession with New Girl and spicy salmon avocado rolls.
Haley Callicott

Wake Forest '19

Haley is a current senior at Wake Forest University majoring in business and minoring in writing. She is the Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for HC Wake Forest, a member of Kappa Beta Gamma and an undergraduate advisor for the Student Advisory Board.